This is a preview of your message.
Dear Vince Cable,
With the current state of play politically, and the chance of an impending snap general election, we've had strong feedback from some members and conversations with candidates, that they may not attend the conference as it's a full Saturday that they could spend campaigning - and Saturday is campaign "gold time".
As a result, we will be holding our annual AGM as a "FREE to attend" event in Leicester for a half-day only, doors open at 10 am with the AGM at 10:30 am, rather than a full conference. There will also be Agent Training provided.
Calling Notice for the A.G.M of the East Midlands Liberal Democrats
Saturday 2nd November 2019 - 10:30 - 12:00
at Moat Community College, Maidstone Road, Leicester LE2 0TU
2. Minutes of AGM 2018.
3. Regional Chair's Report.
4. Regional Accounts 2019 Section 2.3(a) of the Regional Constitution - "Consider and, if thought fit, approve the accounts of the Regional Party for the previous financial year together with an independent report on those accounts."
5. Regional Finances 2019 & Outline Budget 2020 Section 2.3(b) of the Regional Constitution "Receive a report from the Treasurer on the financial affairs of the Regional Party for the year to date together with an outline budget for the following year".
6. Independent Examiner of Regional Accounts 2019 Section 2.3.(c) of the Regional Constitution "Appoint for the current financial year a person or persons to produce an independent report on the accounts for the next Annual General Meeting".
7. Any Other Business
The following positions will be elected (* = officer position):
• Chair of the Regional Party*
• Vice-Chair of the Regional Party*
• Chair Regional Candidates Committee*
• Regional Policy Officer*
• Chair Regional Conference Committee*
• Regional Secretary*
• Regional Treasurer*
• Ordinary Members (18 places)
• Liberal Youth Representatives (2 places)
• Regional Candidates Committee (5 places - should include an approved candidate, a returning officer and an assessor).
• Regional Conference Committee (2 places).
• English Council Member (7 places - tbc).
The following positions will be elected at the first regional executive meeting of 2019:
• Member of the Local Parties Committee (6 places)
Only members of the Liberal Democrats in the East Midlands are entitled to stand for office and to vote.
If an election is not contested the nominee shall be appointed. If an election is contested there shall be a ballot in which all eligible members will be asked to take part. The election shall be by Single Transferable Vote.
Members can download a nomination form and instructions by clicking here or get paper copies from the East Midlands Region by calling 07788210994.
Nominations close by 12 noon on the 28th October 2019, by which time nominations must have been received by the Returning Officer.
You can return your nomination form/forms to the returning officer by:
• By Post to:
The Returning Officer,
Mr Paul Roberts 1, Farndon Hall, Church Lane, Farndon, Chester, CH3 6QF to arrive no later than 12 noon on the 28th October 2019
• By Email to:
If you wish to return your nomination form/forms by email you must:
1) Complete the form/forms by hand including all signatures and information required.
2) Scan the document/documents and save as a PDF.
3) Email the PDF to the Returning officer at Paul.Roberts@eastmidslibdems.org.uk
Regional Secretary - East Midlands Liberal Democrats